Navigate Twitter as a Scientist – March 22, 2023
Navigating Twitter as a scientist is daunting and yet it is the most popular social media platform among researchers. But most researchers/scientists are unaware of where to start or how to get most out of it. So, attending this session will enable you to effectively Navigating Twitter as a scientist.
Tell us about you
Who is this session for?
- Graduate students
- PhD researchers (academia and industry)
- Postdoctoral researchers (academia and industry)
- Group leaders
- Social media officers
- Associate/assistant professor
- Budding science communicators
– You created a Twitter account a few weeks ago and don’t know how to proceed
– You want to create an account for your group/department and don’t know where to begin
– You are a seasoned tweep and would like to brush your knowledge
The session will be recorded and the recording will only be available for registrants, so secure your spot!
About Pranoti Kshirsagar
Pranoti holds a PhD in Applied Physics and is a trained materials/nanoscientist. She actively started science communication on Twitter halfway through her PhD. She has curator RealScientists & IAmSciComm accounts. She also started popular hashtags such as #MyFirstScience #InOtherWords. Pranoti is also the admin of the most popular materials science rotation account on Twitter.
“I wish I knew everything I know today about expertly navigating twitter as a scientist back when I started science communication 5-6 years ago. I put this session together keeping my younger self in mind so that all of you feel more empowered and equipped building your brand in the digital space. Come along as I share my learning with you all!”